Kaivopuisto Apartments in Espoo are located in Leppävaara beside a district of old villas.
The villas are a vestige of the first town-like locality in Espoo, which began to form in Leppävaara as a result of building a railway halt in 1904. Lars Sonc designed the town plan for Alberga villa community in 1908.
The architecture of the project is of delightfully high quality.
Espoo Townscape Comittee, statement in favour of the project 04/03/2006
- 16 buildings
- Total gross area 3700 m²
- Published: Betoni – Concrete from Finland 2/2008, Betoni – Julkisivut / Concrete Façades from Finland 2009, Kivestä muuraamalla – Building from Stone 2009