The main qualities of the project are the brightness and the simplicity of the town planning (a square – a garden) and those of the layout of the architectural volumes.
The architectural design and the functional organisation of the combined buildings:
- housing opening to the garden
- offices opening to the street.
The scale of the blocks built is really the right one and it is very human. The work in terms of layout, especially for the housing is very appreciable.
Excerpt from architect Dominique Perrault's expert opinion on “Champ”, the entry to the Kamppi Centre planning and bidding competition.
- 99 apartments
- Total gross area 9000 m²
- Completed 2006
- Steel Construction Award 2006 for Kamppi Centre above ground parts
- European Award for Steel Structures 2007 for Kamppi Centre above ground parts
- Published: The Finnish Architectural Review 5/2006, Helsinki, Steel Construction Magazine 3/2007, Helsinki
- Presented in the exhibition Finnish Architecture 0607, 2008
- Developer: SRV Group